Products that are below standards, are tainted, or even illegal still plague the marijuana industry and remains a widespread problem. When LegalScript puts their seal of approval on a product that is being advertised and has gone through their compliance evaluation process, it helps to set the minds of the consumers at ease.
VIOLATING GOOGLE’S POLICY CONCERNING CANNABIS ADS
If you plan on running ads on Google in general, it is always best to review their policies. Google operates on a strike-based policy.
– You will receive a warning if you are found to be in violation of Google Ads terms and conditions and trying to advertise and substances that were not approved, or that are considered dangerous services or products policies.
– There is no penalty at this stage, however any ads pertaining to the violation will be removed.
- Strike One
– If the same policy is broken after receiving a warning in the past 90 days you receive your first strike.
– As a penalty, your account will be temporarily placed on a three day hold, and any ads you have will not be permitted to run during this time.
- Strike Two
– If you violate the same policy again, after receiving your first strike in the past 90 days you receive your second strike.
– As a penalty, your account will be temporarily placed on a seven day hold, and any ads you have will not be permitted to run during this time.
– This is the final warning before account suspension.
- Strike Three
– If you are found to be in violation for a third time after receiving your second strike in the past 90 days your account will be suspended due to the repeat violations incurred.
The overall view of cannabis is slowly starting to turn on its head. Making waves through the industry, even Twitter has recently changed its tune regarding marijuana, no longer directing those who are looking up marijuana or cannabis to “get help” for substance abuse. The Co-Founder and CEO of Toast has even stated that new brands are being welcomed enthusiastically by stores. The demand for cannabis is high and now that the narrative of cannabis can be reviewed, the consumer is able to become more educated on its true nature. Brands have begun to take on the responsibility of educating the newer consumers on cannabis and the quality and standards that it should be held to.
If you or someone you know needs cannabis advertising, or cannabis marketing agencies, Branding Los Angeles is for you. From the very beginning, we are right here with you on the ground floor, advising and utilizing the best aspects of your products for marketing to the right consumers. Contact us today at (310) 479-6444.