Instagram is not even five years old yet, and already it is considered a major player in the world of social media marketing. A recent report released by the Pew Research Center indicates Instagram ranking even higher in popularity than Twitter these days. Among American adults, 26 percent have admitted to using Instagram in 2014, up from 17 percent in the preceding year. Meanwhile, only 23 percent have used Twitter.
Here are some other shocking facts about the photo-sharing site.
- According to the most recent press release by Instagram, the site accounts for 300 million monthly users.
- Instagram averages some 70 million newly posted photos each and every day.
- Over 30 billion photos have been posted on Instagram since its initial launch in 2010.
- CBS News reports that Instagram is the favorite social media site for American teens with 76 percent of these young adults actively involved on a monthly basis.
- ComScore ranks Instagram the eighth most popular mobile app in America among all age groups.
- The news site Fast Company says that Instagram gets fifteen times more action and engagement among users than for those on Facebook.
- Facebook actually owns Instagram, and 94 percent of all Instagram users are also members of the Facebook community.
- Pew Research Center also reports that nearly half of all Instagramers use the site on a daily basis.
- They also report that over 53 percent of adults with Internet access between the ages of 18 to 29 use Instagram, up from 37 percent in 2013.
- Totems List sites Nike as the most frequently posted brand on Instagram.
Perhaps the most interesting tidbit of information is that the website Instagram barely witnesses any traffic at all when compared to its mobile application. Instagram is a highly favored form of social media marketing for brand names of every industry due to its ability to attract new customers though a visually oriented format, an individual feature that is nearly impossible to beat for other social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. It’s hard to disagree, but the future looks bright for the collaborative efforts of Instagram and Branding.